Thursday 25 April 2013

My Newest Unnamed Novel Part 2


"Are you OK Allison?", Dr. Sykes asks as I make my way over to her. Of course I'm ok I just don't want them to have a reason for hating me.
"Yeah I'm fine Dr. Sykes I'll be there in a minute", I reply to her question with a flat out statement that even a kindergarten student could have told her. When I get to her she leads me over to her office where all of the medical examinations happen. It has a door with no window but it's made of solid steel. Inside the room there is a desk, 2 chairs, and there is a examination bed that they have  at all doctor's offices but this one looks different it looks more like a gurney. 
"Allison I need you to sit on the bed you need a couple of vaccinations," Dr. Sykes says when we are in the room. In this room I feel claustrophobic like the walls are closing in and are slowly squeezing the air out of me. I also feel very nervous as if I showed up to school  in my PJ's on a uniform day. I climb up on the bed and realize I must be feeling what the others felt back all those years ago.
"I don't like needles do I have to get one?,"  ask while she gets them ready.
"Yes I'm sorry but you do," she says before she is cut off by another doctor who needs her help. I am glad until she says 'I'll be back I just need to deal with a patient'. I mean come on she isn't supposed to deal with them she is supposed to care for them. As soon as she leaves I am free to tell them all to shut up. That's when I see her for the first time. She is looking in the window with a little fox in her arms patting at her face with its' paws. She is young maybe 15 like me. The bright magenta hair startles me at first but then she is gone and Sykes is back...

No comments:

Post a Comment